Between the wish and the thing life lies waiting. How much of human life is lost in waiting?
I was worried about getting overkill in the run up to the UK launch, but my gamer-tank still seems to have enough fuel in it for a few more days.
My very own Wii-to-be is, this instant, sat in my local Game waiting to be collected on Friday. I even have a little time off work to go collect it.
If you checked my gamer card you would discover my age and appreciate my playing down of the whole collecting console on launch day. But basically I am as excited as a kid before Christmas.
My fears about the wii are:
- It won’t get my friends and family playing.
- The control will feel loose and spongy.
- They won’t release Parasol Stars on the virtual console.
My hopes about the wii are:
- That it will be graphically cleverer than the Gamecube.
- That all my friends will get one too.
- That my kids and wife will like it and spend hours sculpting their Mii’s.
- That there will be many long evenings and late night game-experience sessions for all.